Summary of County Ordinances
"For your continued enjoyment of your St. Joseph County Parks."
- Alcoholic beverages are limited to picnic areas; beer and wine in non-glass containers only. The sale of alcohol is prohibited.
- Possession of firearms and weapons is prohibited except when permissible under State Law.
- Smoking is not allowed within park buildings or on park property (County Ordinance Number 04-06).
- Defacement, destruction, removal or disturbance of property, equipment or natural features is prohibited.
- As per County Park ordinance, all facility renters must be out of the park by 11 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
- Absolutely no glass, balloons, egg tosses, confetti, dunk tanks, piñatas, or candles are allowed in the park.
- Causing damage to signs, shelters, and other structures is prohibited.
- It is unlawful to litter or dump trash in the park.
- Swimming is prohibited.
- Camping is prohibited.*
- Sledding / innertubing is allowed in designated areas only.
- Fishing activities and boat launching are permitted in designated areas. (All state laws apply).
- Solicitations, commercial photography, and sales are prohibited.*
- Disorderly conduct is prohibited, as well as other activities, which are deemed dangerous or improper. Amplified sound shall not exceed 75 decibels within 150 foot area. Noise should not disturb other park patrons or renters.
- Maximum speed is 20 miles per hour or as posted.
- Vehicles may be operated only on roadways and must park in designated parking areas. Service roads are available for drop off of special needs individuals. Vehicles must return to designated parking areas after drop off.
- Entry fees required on designated days.
- Pets must be restrained on a 6 foot leash. No pets are allowed in buildings (other than service dogs). Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Fires are restricted to proper containers, in limited areas. No ground fires are permitted.*
- Mushroom hunting and picking of wildflowers is prohibited in all of the St. Joseph County Parks. Thank you for protecting your parks.